Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Leibovitz attempts to "De-douche" Vuitton

I have always had a bit of a soft spot for Leibovitz. I don't know what it is. Her conceptual eye? A vague nostalgic quality to modern photographs, maybe? Anyway, she's been shooting for Vuitton as of late; trying to associate "old-glamour" or "forgotten heroes" with the brand. I see this as a De-douching (TM Geoff Vreeken's pithy verbs 2009) strategy to contend with shit like this:



Or this:



Sooo, anywaay, here's what they've cooked up; I kinda dig its subtle attempt to re-class the suddenly tacky brand:

There's Keith "Dude where's my coke?" Richards



Or Gorbie



Dame Deneuve (Am I insane, or is she still hot?)



Don't forget the Coppolas. Now available in Africa.



Finally, this got released today. Some old people who are clearly lost.



So what do you think? Is this saving the luxury brand? Does it need saving? Or should it go further into the ghetto fab realm?

No comments:

Post a Comment